Monday, August 20, 2012

this time last year.



 do you ever look back 6 months or a year ago and think "wow, we've come a long way"?
well, as I sit here and look through these pictures from last summer, that's exactly what goes through my mind.

i look through these memories of last year and while i feel happy looking at them
 i remember that during this time i felt like i was just coming out of a fog.
it was as if a mist covered my eyes and it prevented me fully enjoying moments with family.
i was in the midst of a lot of conflict and confusion; things around me were changing and i finally just had to let go of a lot of things.
i let go and trusted God that all would come out as He would want them to be.
i prayed for my little family,
i prayed for the friendships around me,
and i prayed that  He would be able to give me peace and strength with whatever happened.
and friends, He never, ever fails us.
ever.

 {scenes from Summer of 2011}
 

and then...
i fell in love with photography and started taking a photography class.
i spent more time with my family and started capturing the small things
in our life.
i started blogging... and i never, ever thought i would enjoy it as much as i have.
i met a wonderful community of bloggers {all you fabulous peeps} that encouraged
me with your sweet comments.
the friends and family around me loved me a little extra harder because they knew i needed it.
and then I started a bible study that changed the course of my stagnant spiritual life {can we get an  amen to that?}
all this contributed to a magnificent re-awakening.

I see clearly now..
and the view without that mist over my eyes
is just beautiful.


i'm so grateful. grateful that a year later i'm in a much different place.
the people that surround me are such a blessing to me..
my relationships are filled with honesty, encouragement and simple joy.

but let me very clear, it's not to say that it's sunshine and unicorns over here.
i still get worried and overwhelmed and stressed out.. about a million times a day in fact.
but i have learned that if i fix my eyes on Him and stay the course {His course}
then i'll be able to weather the good and bad.
i've learned that going through a conflict pretty much stinks..
but He uses it to grow and stretch us in ways we never would have otherwise.
He uses it as a way for us to turn to Him and to trust Him even though we don't quite know how it's all going to end up.
that my emotions will not lead me to a solution - BUT FAITH WILL.


{it got a little personal up in this space, didn't it?? thank you for reading if you've gotten this far}


tomorrow is the beginning of a new phase for us.
all three of my kids start school this week and so i've been in a
reflective mood {as you can clearly tell}.
but if this was a little too heavy for you, then don't worry.
i'm going to lighten it up next time with some happy stuff..promise.

i have yet to tell you the gender this little baby in mah tummy is.

stay tuned.

have yourself a very happy monday!

{linking up with Laura at Bits of Splendor}




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. It is nice and refreshing to know that we are not alone in our seasons of "fog". God is faithful, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

And I needed to read your post today too!!!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog today! Sometimes I feel like my words get all jumbled and maybe my thoughts aren't coming across right-- but almost every post I get a comment like yours and it encourages me to just post what's on my heart. Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

my LAST summer looked NOTHING like this one...we're living on the other side of the country...in the mountains of all places. my life has changed in SO many ways...mostly good. God is so faithful. He hears. He answers.

Jessica said...

i know exactly what you're talking about. really thankful for people to come love on us when we need it the most!

Brittany LeSueur said...

SO sweet! I can't believe how fast time flies, and especially how much can change in over a year! I was reading tho=rough your blog and congrats on the upcoming arrival!! I am getting so BABY HUNGRY! I love the announcement idea! Might have to copy that one:) -newest follower!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness. I have been there, with mist mist over my eyes so many times. It's so hard to just hand it all over to God but really what else can we do. Once we do it and walk hand in hand with faith even the darkest days don't feel so bad. Hooray for removing the mist.
Love ya girl!
xxO

Jami said...

here's to not letting our emotions lead us! love you. xoxo

Wendy Annabeth said...

I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

sweet post!!!

likeschocolate said...

Congratualtions on the newest addition! So sweet! Happy one year!