Tuesday, November 29, 2011

playing catch up.

I'm back from an un-announced vacation.
did you think I fell off the face of blogland?
not a chance.
if I was able to schedule my days in advance I might have let you know I wasn't going to be posting.
but by now, you must already know that I'm just not that organized and together :)

It was really nice just hanging out with my husband and kids and just puttering around the house.
I'm not very good at relaxing, but I did my best in between projects.

it feels like I blinked 5 times and November came and went.
is that how it felt like for you?

my sister hosted a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for us.
she just makes every occasion so special and magical for all of us.
the food, the details.. she's just so good at that.




my 3 year old flat irons her hair, how's that for fashion diva?
and I just have no words for that bird nest of a hair-do she's got going on.
this is just her.
sugar 'n' sass all wrapped up in one little pretty package.. but most of the time it's all sass.


now, I know you're not gonna believe me by looking at these pictures
when I say that I'm not a messy person.
really I'm not.. but I think that in order to be creative and get those creative juices flowing
you MUST surround yourself with an organized mess.
just helps a person think better.
well, that's my philosophy.

The cleaning up is a whole different story,
but if I just shut the door to this room it's as if the mess isn't there.


I had to find a spot for little miss to get her craft on.
I love that she wants to work with her hands.
it doesn't matter if it's stamping, cutting or coloring.
and she wants to do it with me.
words just can't explain how happy the picture above makes me.
she is watching me, she is learning from me.. she is growing into a big little girl before my eyes.
<sigh>


I really wanted an advent calender last year.. but as usual,
life just got in the way and I never got to do one for the kids.
but this year..
I'm on it.
I actually started it and the kids were helping me finish it up tonight.
I'll post a picture of it when it's completely done {because I've still got 2 more days to finish it} :)

hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving friends.
it's so good to be back!

5 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I'm glad you're back and that you had a great Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see your project!

Melissa, SoChick! said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and I can imagine how nice the bloggy break was! Glad to have you back... I love creating with my kiddos, too! :-)

Amy said...

Welcome back! I flat iron both my daughters hair. After they shower and go to bed, in the morning their hair looks like a birds nest. I only do it maybe once a week or every two weeks but it sure does help!
I really wish I had a space where I could shut the door and leave my mess. I was supposed to make an advent calendar this year too but I can't find any that inspire me. I'm going to look in some stores, I'll probably get lazy and just buy one. I can't wait to see how yours turns out though!

susan jakovina said...

Yes I did! Glad you're back.
She's a girl after my own heart. Straight-iron and all.

Vivian said...

My November went so fast, too. I had a birthday in addition to Thanksgiving so it made it extra special but just now long enough. Your sister did such a great job Flor! You see the love she put into it ;)