Wednesday, June 11, 2014

10 on 10 - June edition



"gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy,
and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." - William Arthur Ward

++++

I was standing at the kitchen sink last night doing some dishes, the kids had been put down to sleep and I
finally had a free moment to reflect on the day.. and have a small conversation with God. I thought to myself {and told Him} - man, today was just a sucky day. I just need to go to sleep and wake up to a new day tomorrow and with a new attitude.. because seriously, in the history of crappy days, today tops the list.

rather than get myself into bed, I downloaded my pictures that I had taken from the day, with the intention of going through them and posting them for this 10 on 10 project. but somehow, when I downloaded them and started looking through them.. I could feel my heart changing.. what an ungrateful heart I had.

while this day may included some hurt feelings, disappointments and tears there were still some pretty special moments.

no...actually...there were some pretty AWESOME moments.

so, I give you "awesome-moments" in pictures -- courtesy of a God who listens to depressing-over-the-sink-while-doing-dishes conversations.


light breezes and makeshift curtains
gym time
morning chores - {big amen to this}
art using scented markers
broccoli slaw salad with nuts/cranberries
nap time {with her 'art' on her legs}
rushing to finish my cleaning before naptime ends
a clean and organized pantry
my oldest 3 kids - their laughter. their smiles. pure joy.
and my bed {which is pretty awesome and comfortable}.












and with that, my mood is lifted and my heart is lighter. 

thanks for taking a look - follow along and visit Alexis, Jodi and Jessica
as they give us a little glimpse of their day.


hope you have a wonderful day today :) xoxo





3 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh Flor!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all these detail shots. I also love your message. I know many times I feel like this. I am always thankful God is there to listen. The makeshift curtains, I LOVE. It reminds me of crawling into my grandma's spare bedroom with her amazing soft floral sheets. I can smell and feel it now. Thank you for jogging my momory:) I hope your day was better today!!

Unknown said...

Your ten on ten posts are the best ever!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

haha ok the baby with marker all over her leg made me laugh! My youngest colors more on herself than on paper!