Friday, February 3, 2012

a commitment {joy dare}

i have been a bad blog owner and a bad blog friend recently.
i've tried to stay away from my computer during the day
so that i can finally get caught up on my household chores around here.
and you know what?
it will never happen
and I just have to be ok about it.
otherwise, I'll turn myself into a crazy person trying to
finish everything I need to do around here.

so i'm back, my friends.
I'll write a what's-going-on-around-here post later
and give you a small glimpse of life over here.
you know, because it's just so glamorous :)

have you read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp?
I haven't had a chance to read it yet and want to hopefully start on it soon.
if you haven't heard about her then I highly urge you to check out her blog.
her stories and her words.. just amazing.

she posted a list for February's Joy Dare..
you capture 3 gifts a day based on the day's prompt listed on her calender.
yesterday we had to capture {write it down or take a picture} 3 gifts.. one at 11:30am, 2:30pm & 6:30pm.

here is my 2:30pm gift.. my husband getting ready to go to work.
he works so hard to provide for his family.
he has to deal with unruly and rude people while at work
and yet he never complains about it.
and my 6:30pm gift.. meal planning.
it's hard and time consuming and it's not my favorite thing to do..
but I'm so grateful that I can do it.
I remember when I was working full-time years ago..
I was flying by the seat of my pants when it came to meals and
really didn't have time to care what I made for dinner
so long as something was made.
I want to be able to take the time and appreciate the smallest of things
in my every day life and so I'm grateful for this little Joy Dare.

sometimes it's just so hard to see the gifts in our every day life..
when your dealing with sick kids, bills, laundry and all that good stuff.
but they're there.. subtle yet ever present
just waiting to be discovered and appreciated. 

February's Joy Dare calender can be found here
and check out Ann Voskamp's blog here.
you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

What a great idea!!!! So true about had working husbands who never complain :)

stephanie said...

glad you'll be back around! i let the dust bunnies build up so i can do the things i really enjoy. we just have to be ok with it! xo

Linda Z said...

Anne Voscamp is such a gifted writer and has such a beautiful heart.

Glad you are finding joy in your day to day. :)

Sarah said...

Love your meal planning :)