Friday, August 5, 2011

coming home

Dishes are clean and put away. Carpets have been vacuumed and all the rooms have been deep-cleaned and
de-cluttered. And I think I'm ready for my little ones to come home now.


    
{Darn it, I just realized I still have to mop}.

I've managed to do quite a few things while the kids have been gone {except, apparently, mop}. It's amazing how much you're able to get done when your home alone and you don't have kids asking you {for the millionth time} for a snack or to go swimming or to go on a play date.

And I'm so grateful. So grateful I had this time to just do what I needed to get done. Little things that have been on my to do list for so long... but most importantly, I had some time to reflect and to regroup. Time to miss my babies and time store up some more patience. Because Lord knows I will need it when the kids get here that's for sure.
 
 
And now that I've spent a good 45 minutes on Pinterest {do you Pinterest?} it's time to
really get to those floors.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 

3 comments:

Amy said...

I don't Pinterest because I know I'll get sucked in and I don't have enough time for something else. As it is I'm usually a day or two behind on emails and my to-do list never gets finished. Oh the life of a wife and mom. :)

Sheila said...

Awe, you are going to be so happy to see your babies! If they are anything like mine, they will give you hugs and kisses for about two minutes, and then start fighting again, and it is like they never left. ;) So envious of your to-do list getting done. (And you are aware of my pinterest addiction...)

EvA. . . said...

Amen very true :)