Friday, July 1, 2011

happy birthday, you cutie patootie

Today, my little boy turned six years old.


Manual Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, F/5, 1/160, ISO 200

Wow, it's hard to imagine.
But it's true.. and it happened.

On their actual birthday I "make" dinner -
Let me perfectly honest, I highly encourage the child to choose a favorite take out food item
then we just eat it at home.
Because I'm not a great cook and have no aspirations to be the next best cook.
Why make life any more complicated then it already is?
I leave the good cookin' to the good cooks.

My little boy said he wanted pizza
and I said "Great, awesome, wonderful."
That'll be right up.

But first, cupcakes had to be made.
In addition to not being a good cook, I'm also not a good baker.
{And I'm sure at this point your thinking, what are you good at?
My answer would be: I'm still tryin' to figure it out.} 
I love baked goods, but am not really good at baking.
All that measuring stresses me out.
And I always confuse baking powder and baking soda {they're both white!}

But, I was able to con my sister into baking some cupcakes for me.
And little Miss Future Cake Maker decided to have my girls help her.
That's the beauty of family.
Not only do they spoil your kids with clothes, food and outings...
but they actually teach them important life skills.
Like how to make cupcakes.


Manual Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f/2.8, 1/30, ISO 200


Manual Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f/1.8, 1/160, ISO 200

And then, it was dinner time.





Manual Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 220

And that's the end of all the pictures
because my battery died.
Why yes, I do have a spare battery. As a matter of fact I have two.
But those weren't charged either.
That's another one of those things I'm not good at -
 remembering to charge batteries for special events.
So no more pictures.

But take my word for it.
It was special,
and it was beautiful.
And for my brand new six year old boy,
it was perfect.

happy birthday my darling.
You are SO loved.




1 comment:

Petra said...

Happy Birthday to your son, he does have some cute dimples!

LOL, I'm no cook/baker either :-)