Monday, June 6, 2011

Oh, it must be fun.

Well, my husband has been out town this weekend
and is suppose to return back home today.

It's not work but sports related.
He's in  a baseball {is that what its called? or softball?} league
and their playoffs are this weekend.
He has had this planned for a while and he gave me plenty of notice.

Not that it makes a difference.

3 kids alone is still 3 kids alone whether its planned or not.
And it doesn't help that the weather here
has been absolutely horrible.
Rain in June means the kids do not get to go outside and play.
And so they just play indoors. Very loudly.


No, Mama doesn't it like it when husband is away.
Not at all.

 Strange things happen when he is away.

Exhibit A - perfectly healthy children get sick.
Sick child=grumpy, clingy child

A-Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f1.8, 1/25, ISO 200

 



Exhibit B - I decide to make watermelon lemonade. And take pictures to prove it.

I decide to make watermelon lemonade.
Yes, watermelon lemonade. Ever heard of it? Well, neither had I.
And now you know, it does exist.
 
Our neighbor gave us a box full of cut up watermelon
and my sweet Portuguese neighbor across the street gave me
some lemons from his lemon tree.

Well at least I think he gave them to me.
He spoke in Portuguese
and unfortunately, speaking Portuguese is not among my many talents.
I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't understand a word he is saying.
So I just nodded and smiled.
We love him.


A-Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f1.8, 1/30, ISO 200

 

A-Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f1.8, 1/40, ISO 200



And now lets take a second
to admire my new apron..

Husband-that's-on-vacation does not know about this little purchase.


A-Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f1.8, 1/50, ISO 200 

 
And now back to the cooking lesson.

And by this time, my cooking session had
already been interrupted 100000 times.
And I just wanted to be done with this already.




I served it up for the kids
and 2 out of 3 kids liked it.
66% approval rating.
Wow, I'm gettin' good at this.

It's all good because I got to
use my cute apron
use all the watermelon we had
use our Portuguese grown lemons from our neighbor
and I got to practice my photography skills.

I'd say this cooking session was a success.

Exhibit C - super grumpy 3 year old.

{and I know I have mentioned this already but I
wanted to express the importance of this}


A-Mode, Focal Length: 35mm, f1/8, 1/60, ISO 200


Lovely isn't it?

 
Oh, it must be nice to be on vacation :)




No comments: