Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wiww {fail}



Unfortunately, it's been a disappointing week with my outfits.. kind of depressing actually.
I took some pictures of two outfits I wore this week and truth be told I really
did not like either one of them. I'd like to call them fashion failures.

I can make some really great excuses for my lack of outfits:
-its been so HOT.
-my sisters were in town visiting for a week and we spent most of the time swimming.
-I've been very frustrated with Lola recently. and truth be told, I really haven't wanted to be around her.

But I'm just gonna keep it real.
I just haven't done laundry this past week and I had to go for whatever was at the bottom of my drawer.
A load of clothes is in my washer as I type this. Learned my lesson that's for sure.

Outfit #1 - fail. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I need to stay away
from pleats. My small frame {ahem... I'm short} can not handle the pleats.

tank top: walmart, shorts/belt/shoes: target, ring: h&m



Outfit #2 - fail
Yes, these are actually pockets on the side of the shorts.
Kind of interesting in a weird sort of way.

Shirt: Gap, Shorts: Love Culture, Shoes: Love Culture


For both of these pictures I was at my sisters house swimming so I needed something casual
and clean.
And that about wraps up this show up. The timer on my dryer went off 20 minutes ago
so now it's time to finally have some clean clothes. My husband will be so happy - he hasn't said anything
but he was looking for white socks today and I asked him why he just couldn't wear his black socks.
Bless his heart, he just decided it was best not to respond.

Linking up to:
pleated poppy


 

8 comments:

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love the pleated target shorts!

Laura said...

I think your small frame works perfectly with those pleated shorts! I like both of your outfits and don't think they're a fail at all. You look comfortable, but still cute and stylish!

Amy said...

You look really comfy and cute in both the outfits! I think the second pair of shorts are really neat but I can see why you don't like them on. Try not to be so hard on yourself and I hope things get better. ♥♥

Linda Z said...

Not a fail... you look cute and summery! :) I don't do pleats... my hips are big enough. I think pleats might be evil! :)

Meagan at Fairly Fabulous Blog dot com said...

NOT a fail. I'm learning to step out of my comfort zone on cuts, patterns, and pairings. Be bold. I am too chicken to go pleats, but you definitely hit the nail on the head with the 1st pair! PS Rumor has it fall Queen Bee is in November. You should go!

Pamela Stein said...

Hey girl!!!! thank you so much for your words of encouragement!!!!! so sweet!!!!!

Love your blog!!! Many many hugs!'

xoxoxo

Pame

Cat said...

I actually really love both pairs of shorts on you! You look comfy and cool {which sounds like right where you want to be with the heat and swimming :)}

Yea for clean clothes :)

♥ Cat brideblu

momstheword said...

I think you look really cute in both outfits! I love the white with the taupe shorts. I totally heart you on the laundry because my hubby came looking too, lol!