Wednesday, July 20, 2011

embracing my shortness.

I think I'm at the point in my life where I just have to accept something about myself.
I'm a shorty.
I'm 5'1 {5'2 on a good day} and I don't seem to be getting any taller. 
It doesn't matter how high my wedges are or what type of trousers I buy.. I still feel short.
{But I will say, cute little wedges do make me feel slightly better}

I have provided a visual for you as a demonstration of what I'm talkin' about.
My neighbor is around 6'3 and here is little ol' me right next to him.
And by the way, I am wearing my 3" wedges.
Nice, huh?
I just knew I could make you feel better today.




So, for you tall people {anyone over 5'2"}:
is the air better up there?
do you just hate it when a short person has to ask you to reach for something that's on the high shelf?
how does it feel to be able to try on a pair of jeans and not have to roll up the legs about 10 times?

On a serious note, I think I just have to figure out the type of clothes that help me look a little taller.
Puffy jackets - out.
Pleats  - most definitely out.
Capri's - not sure yet.

I'm on a mission to figure it out.
But for now, my mission is posting my outfits for WIWW at the Pleated Poppy!

Jeans: TJ Max, Shirt: Gap, Necklace: Target, Belt: Forever 21, Shoes: Payless
{and please don't pay attention to the posing on this first pic. awkward.}

And the shoes..
They are my Dorothy shoes.. no glitter and sparkle here.
Just some cute polka dots that make me happy.
And I'll tell you a secret.
Payless.
$8.
I'm ok with being short if I can wear shoes like this.
Now I'm short and happy.

{Church outfit}


And I have short little piggy toes too.
Shirt, Belt: H&M, Earrings, Shoes: Target, Jeans: Express 
{running errands}


Shirt: Forever 21, Shorts, Watch: Target, Bracelets: H&M, Shoes: Old Navy




{swim classes, running errands, grocery shopping, and all that good stuff}

My sisters and I have our own little purse swap going on.
When we grow tired of our purse, we pass it on to whomever wants
it in exchange for another purse.
But this purse here...
I don't think I can let her go.
I've named her Mimi.
Sister: please don't take Mimi away from me.

And that wraps up this edition of WIWW.

If you've made it this far, thank you for listening to my complaining.
Now go and be awesome today :)

Linking up at:

pleated poppy




12 comments:

calamariqueen said...

I can totally relate to the height issue:-) I'm only 4'11 and my husband is 6'3! When were still dating, wedges are a MUST! and now that we're married for almost 4 years now, it doesn't matter anymore:-)

love, kate said...

you are so cute!!! i love those polka dotted shoes too!!!!! I wish i was short!

Alissa said...

My day now includes a trip to Payless.

Yay for being short!! (You won't hear those words from me often.) :)

Resourceful Red said...

love the 3rd outfit!!!

found you thru the pleated poppy!!


http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

super cute outfits!! :)

wildruffle.com said...

I'm just plain old average height (I think 5'4.5" is pretty average, right?). I'd rather be tall OR short. But heels definitely help! How fun that you swap bags with your sisters. I might have to find some friends that'll do that with me.:)

Nicky said...

Hollar... to my fellow short sister! I'm 5'3"...

I LOVE... like LOVE those red and white polka dots shoes... I must have! You look adorable... I have those orange shorts too...

it's funny when I hear my friends say (while looking at something on a hanger) how short the hem is... and I always have to remind them... that it won't be short on me! ;-)

Linda Z said...

You are cracking me up! :) I love all your cute shoes and those coral shorts. :)

Rebecca said...

All your shoes are so adorable!

http://lifeingarrison.blogspot.com

Babymama said...

The pic with your neighbour is too.much
I think you're adorable - the shoes are all sweet.

xo
babymama

Amy said...

I absolutely love jeans, a white t shirt and heels. You look fab! And I'm 5'6, not particularly tall but everyone is always telling me I'm so tall. Sometimes the regular length of jeans isn't quite long enough for me and the long are way too long. I guess there are pros and cons to both sizes.

Monica and Whitney said...

Your hair is phenomenal and those polka dot shoes are so cute!

Ask the Duplex