Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WIWW and an explanation of something..

Have I told you that I'm taking a wonderful online photography class?
Well, if I haven't then I really should have done so because you've probably
been wondering what all that crazy photography mumbo jumbo is beneath my pictures.
Those are the settings for the pictures I have taken..
and really, half the time it doesn't make sense to me either.

And so now, I'm quite addicted.
I carry Lola with me everywhere..my friends and family have
just gotten used to it and just tolerate it.
I'm sure they say something like "Oh, there is goes again takin' out her camera!"
And my husband.
Bless his heart.
Saw a photo opportunity today in our front yard and yelled out to me to come out front. 
And to bring my camera..
because there was a great photo opportunity
that involved a pink doll crib and our neighbors the cutest little 6 month old baby.
This guy is good.
He's a keeper, that's for sure.

I want to know how to take good pictures.
Is that too much to ask?
Not even great pictures, just good pictures that capture
the details of our life.
The details of my little kids.. like the way my son's dimples are becoming more pronounced.
Or the way my youngest daughters hair has more red in it then brown.
Or the way my oldest daughter gathers her two siblings next to her when taking pictures..
They each have their own personality and quirks.. and well, I'm 
going to do the best I can to capture it.

All this, to say that I look for photo opportunities where ever I'm at.
Which pretty much explains my WIWW picture below --
I didn't just dress up to take a picture of myself in an orchard.
I was at my sisters house for a pool party and there was this field
and there was the sun {obviously}
and it was just so pretty.
Perfect opportunity.
Knock out wiww and grab some pictures of this picture perfect landscape.

Dress: H&M {that's a $10 dress people!), Shoes: Wet Seal, Beautiful Sunset: God.

I'll post more pictures of this orchard shoot.

Tank: Target, Skirt: Forever 21, Necklace: Target, Shoes: Payless (purchased 3 yrs ago when I was pregnant and needed shoes that fit my swollen feet, very comfortable) 

  And that's it.
Just two outfits to share with you.
I've got to get with the program, I know.
But remember those details I spoke about..
well, there are other details in our life that aren't as cute...
like laundry, dishes and dinner and vacuuming.

But pictures of those type of details I can do without.
Thankyouverymuch.

Can't wait to see all the other link-ups!

Linking up at:

pleated poppy



15 comments:

Holly @ posypocket.blogspot said...

beautiful!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Beautiful pictures of you!! You are owning that yellow maxi dress!! And yay for $10 only ;)

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Aisle to Aloha said...

Beautiful, Flor! Love the pictures from the field-- the light and your outfit!

sylvia said...

that yellow and white dress is so summery!

Alissa said...

Love the striking yellow & white stripes. And a rope halter? So nautical, so adorable! Love it!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

I have that same H&M dress and it's my favorite!!! LOVE it!

Melissa, SoChick! said...

That dress is awesome ($10?! Woot!) and the field, lighting, perfect... Loving your hair by the way!!

Conni said...

you go girl, a $10 dress!!

Love both outfits, especially the cute floral top

Thanks for sharing

Petra said...

Can't wait to see more of your photography skills, you take beautiful shots from what I can tell (although I'm no expert ;-)
I love how the white tank lines up with the white stripe of the halter dress (or is it part of the dress?) Beautiful sunset you captured!

Sharde said...

I loveeee the floral tank top with the white skirt! how cute. :) floral tank is now on my list of things to do and im hoping i can find one at the thrift store today!

:)

hopped over from wiww

thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

Delaney said...

I especially love that second outfit!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

Linda Z said...

Really cute outfits! I love the summery colors! :)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

That yellow striped dress is GORGEOUS.

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I love both outfits...a lot! The dress & skirt are great!

Jodi said...

I love, as in, I want to steal this second, both outfits!