Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being Bold {WIWW}

Today, I'm going to be a little bold. Well, maybe very bold.
A little boldness never hurt anyone.
Maybe it causes a little embarrassment now and then
but it's all good.

I've been a {secret} fan of WIWW (What I Wore Wednesday) at Pleated Poppy
for a while now.
The concept is pretty simple but significant.. take a picture of your outfit every day, write a post about it on your blog and link it up at WIWW at Pleated Poppy.
It's about making intentional choices about your wardrobe every day.

Mothers you all know how it is...
You wake up in the morning and your still feeling tired
{because kids still have not yet discovered the benefits of a full nights sleep}.
No motivation to get out of bed and much less to get dressed.
And now the kids are up and wanting breakfast pronto
{unless your kids have just learned to pour their own milk and cereal..which I personally think all kids should know how to do}.

Its just so much easier to slip into those sweat pants and comfortable t-shirt
and voila! You're dressed for the day! 
But then you realize that your wearing pretty much the same type of outfit every.single.day.

So time to make some changes.
And that's where I'm at.
In a fashion funk.

So I decided to play along.
And all I can say is that I felt very awkward taking pictures of myself in a mirror.
But I did it.
Being bold y'all. Very bold.



Wednesday
First time taking pictures of myself
and I felt like a weirdo.
My face in the 2nd picture pretty much sums up my feelings
"Wow, this is really strange and awkward. Smile. Just smile."


{Sweater Jacket: Target, Tank Top: Target, Boots: Macy's, Pants: TJ Maxx, Ring: Forever 21}

Thursday
Play date at the park with other fellow moms.
Those yellow shoes are so comfortable.
They are my sunshine shoes.. for obvious reasons {the color}.
I wish I had a pair in every color.
Not so comfortable when bark gets in 'em.


{Shirt: Old Navy, Jeans: Express, Shoes: Target}

Friday
Running errands.
People always stare at my chest when I wear this shirt.
Kinda makes for an awkward moment when I catch someone looking.
Just spreadin' the love people..
but seriously, don't stare.


 {Shirt: Old Navy, Jeans: TJ Maxx, Shoes: Target}

And I'm just going to be honest here.
Those aren't even  *real* shoes.
Those are slippers.
But I'd like to think no one can tell the difference.

Saturday
Disclaimer: I had a sick kid this day. A sick and grumpy and clingy kid.
I think I get 50000 extra credit points for even attempting to take a picture.


{Shirt: Forever 21, Yoga Stretch Pants: Marshalls, Socks: really? who cares. they're socks}


Sunday was a blur. No pic

Monday
Now this is what I'm talkin' about.
This is my workout outfit {lovely and boring isn't it?}
and I just hate it when I'm in this outfit all.day.long.
It's boring and so blah.
And I feel boring and blah when I wear it.


{Long sleeve shirt & pink workout tank: Target, Workout Pants: Marshalls}

Tuesday
I'd like to take a moment to address the red lipstick.
Yes, it's red.
And I'm not sure I pulled it off but it was fun for a day.

I think I broke some sort of fashion rule
in wearing brown shoes with black and white.


{Earrings: Forever 21, Shirt: Forever 21, Belt: Forever 21, Pants: TJ Max, Shoes: Cathy Jean}


And how horribly obnoxious is this post
that's entirely dedicated to fashion and pictures of myself?
Don't answer that.

Linking up to:

pleated poppy




13 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

You are so motivated to capture the full week. The photos are great--love checking out all the outfits from Pleated Poppy. Here's what I shared this week:

http://www.momtrends.com/2011/06/what-i-wore-wednesday-4/

wildruffle.com said...

It gets easier after a while to take the pictures, trust me.:) So glad you linked up this week! And not to worry about the brown shoes - anything goes in fashion these days!!

Object of Maya*ffection said...

IT is a lil daunting at first BUT you'll get used to it! LOVE the hair!

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love your outfits and yay for having the courage to join WIWW! I still feel like a total dork taking my photos too, but what the heck - we can feel awkward together! :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

OH my you are darling!! Your outfits are so cute and your hair is pretty much amazing!
Congrats on your first link up to WIWW...you did great!
So glad you stopped by!!

Cami

Natalia Lynn said...

I think you look great! So stylish. And I totally understand about feeling a little weird about it, but it seiously help! You have some accountability to actually get dressed! I know I need some help!

Shannon Olson said...

I love the first outfit with the long sweater! Looks so cute!
http://www.shannonolson.blogspot.com

Christine - Tutorial Addict lol said...

NOT OBNOXIOUS AT ALL! WELCOME TO WIWW! Good for you for getting into it because it IS really weird at first, I'm STILL learning how to take good photos of my outfits! But it does get easier and it FEELS better every time! Hope you have a great week!

Gina said...

Awesome outfits, I love the sunshine shoes :) they look happy!

Jodi said...

Very cute, love your outfits!

Jodi

kristinwithani said...

Welcome! You are adorable.

Yes, it is weird at first but I have learned so much and my wardrobe has changed over time as I've been inspired by other women.

It has also helped me know what does NOT look best on me.

do it again!

Petra said...

I try to get away with the same slipper "shoes" too! :-D I got ditto some earlier comments: I love your hair. It was my first WIWW/linky party too (I'm the guest right before yours :-) Looking forward to reading your post next week. Good job!

Elizabeth said...

I'm loving your outfits!!! :) And your blog!!

Ps..I'm your newest follower!

http://elizabeththomasblog.blogspot.com/